Transitional Care Management (TCM/TOC) Registered Nurse RN (Remote)
Nice to meet you, we’re Vesta Healthcare.
Vesta Healthcare is a specialized medical group focused today on aging adults with long-term home care needs. We help these individuals live happier, healthier lives by partnering with their aides and caregivers, as a key part of the care team. We use a combination of virtual care, home-based and mobile technologies, data integrations and partnerships with home care agencies to make the home an integrated setting of care with patients, and their Caregivers at the center.
Vesta is the Roman name for the goddess of home, hearth and family. She is the caregiver. Often unseen yet greatly revered, she puts others' needs ahead of her own, keeping the hearth warm so the home and family can function.
We see Caregivers and recognize the power and potential they embody. More than just assistance, Caregivers are eyes, ears and hands in the home. Caregivers play the role of Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist, EMT and more, but without support or guidance. That is where Vesta comes in. Our program provides Caregivers with a personalized clinical team in their pocket. Our team links Caregivers to the people they care for and the other providers involved in their care. It’s an insurance covered benefit, so it’s available to most adults with Caregivers free of charge to them.
We seek team members who are passionate about making home the best place it can be for people with home care needs and see the important role Caregivers play. Our team members are collaborative data-driven optimists who always focus on doing what’s best for patients and their caregivers. We see ourselves as being here to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients, allowing them to focus on the important things (like going to the mall with their grandkids).
We’re looking to add to our team of experts who care deeply about our mission.
Our team is passionate, driven, collaborative, intellectually curious, and excited about the opportunity to transform our healthcare system. We're inspired by caregivers and seek to create a platform that recognizes, utilizes and supports the vital role they play. We strive to continuously learn, explore, experiment and achieve results. We are here to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients, allowing them to focus on the important things (like going to the mall with their grandkids)
The ideal teammate would be an RN who is passionate about advocating for their patients. Someone who will ensure our members have a safe transition between a healthcare facility and their home. They understand the hardships patients and their caregivers can encounter during transitions of care events and have the clinical skills and ability to catch onto warning signs of acute symptoms/exacerbations of certain chronic conditions and escalate as needed.
The ideal teammate would be able to:
- Support patients and their caregivers during transitions of care events by serving as their advocate and resource.
- Conduct assessments to identify expected patient needs for discharge, and coordinate meeting those needs with their provider team in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the patient's understanding of their discharge care instructions and their chronic health conditions, providing education and support as needed for effective self-management.
- Coordinate routine check-ins with patients and their caregivers during their first 30 days post-discharge to identify care plan barriers and provide early interventions to mitigate preventable readmissions.
- Provide ongoing reassessment and determine the need for escalation as needed to improve patient outcomes.
- Navigate various platforms for documentation and retrieval of member information.
Would you describe yourself as someone who has:
- Graduated from an accredited nursing program (required)
- Current Compact RN License in good standing (required) AND either a Massachusetts AND/OR NY License (1 required)
- 1+ years of experience as a Transitional Care Manager RN in an outpatient setting (not a hospital setting) (required)
- 2+ years of nursing assessment experience in an acute setting (required)
- The ability to work remotely and has a private area in their home/workspace (required)
- A genuine, compassionate desire to serve others and help those in need
- High speed home WiFi/data connection to support company provided IT equipment
In addition to amazing teammates, we also offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick/personal days
- ~10 paid holidays
- One time reimbursement to set up your home office
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- Monthly gym reimbursement to be used for gyms membership and classes
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
- 401k with a match
We look forward to speaking with you!
Pay range is $85,000-$101,000 based on experience. (The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level).
Vesta Healthcare is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. Vesta Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.