Regional COO, Central Region
Join VillageMD as a Regional COO | Central Region.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Regional COO/Vice President | Central to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Based in the Midwest, the Regional Vice President| Central will lead the growth of our clinics in the Midwest, initially focused on Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Kentucky while also building and implementing a new clinical model through our partnership with Walgreens. Reporting to the National COO, this leader will be responsible for successfully supporting the growth of our clinics while launching partnerships in new markets and ensuring operational consistency with previous markets. This person will also be responsible for building out the team and supporting infrastructure to appropriately scale as the scope continues to increase in new markets. This person will monitor performance of the initial launch while removing barriers and developing and implementing strategies that enable program adoption and success. This role will be dynamic and evolving in nature as the business scales.
The primary duties and responsibilities of a Regional Chief Operating Officer/Vice President:
- Full P &L and Operational Ownership for a defined region
- Working with Clinical Dyad and Shared Services Leaders (biz dev, marketing, technology, central operations) to drive business and clinical performance and create practice transformation
- Develop a strategic plan for regional market: Collaborate with leadership to develop and implement marketing strategic plan and managing the successful onboarding and integration of new practices and providers
- Manage strategic planning process to ensure performance targets are met including:
- Revenue & EBITDA vs Budget
- Grow Volume with focus around Risk Attribution
- Patient Experience & NPS Scores
- Employee Engagement including satisfaction scores & retention
- Manage the performance of markets through the establishment of structure, processes, and procedures with clear expectations using defined metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Responsible for achieving target Key Performance Indicators and reporting monthly using financial analysis and operational projections
- Ability to create and maintain local partnerships within the healthcare ecosystem (payers, systems, providers) that improves healthcare cost and provides downstream revenue opportunities
- Develop and collaborate with the Growth team to increase broker and local payer relationships to increase market visibility, risk attribution growth and member steerage.
- Communicate and collaborate with market leadership teams regularly and effectively to drive results
- Ensure consistent cost control performance within all markets in collaboration with finance and procurement teams.
- Lead, coach, and develop direct reports (Market Leaders) in their role.
- Consistently challenge each aspect of the operational process to improve margins.
- In conjunction with corporate and local development teams, identify, oversee and execute network and operations growth opportunities Provide a work environment that promotes psychological safety, curiosity, and teamwork.
Skills for success
- High emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and success navigating diverse stakeholder groups
- A keen sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results
- Experience performing under pressure with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- A passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
Experience to drive change
- Extensive experience in healthcare administration with a proven track record of successfully leading medical group practices and launching de novo clinics
- Thorough understanding of the healthcare environment and specific knowledge of physician practice management in value-based care
- Comfort with launching and leading large-scale operations while driving transformation and change management initiatives
- Prior history and success delivering P & L results and building, leading, and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Significant healthcare leadership experience ideally garnered in a managed and value-based care models and/or experience in value-based practice transformation
- An entrepreneurial mindset with knowledge and experience in high-growth business environments including ability to roll-up sleeves and dig into the details of the work
- Experience successfully partnering with physicians and their care teams in a patient and provider-centric manner to affect change and improve processes and outcomes
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the required relationships to influence and generate results; can quickly influence market partners to take action
- A natural comfort getting into the details of operations to drive execution, along with the ability to quickly pivot between strategy and operations
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of healthcare financial and operational data and reporting as well as healthcare technology
- Demonstrated experience driving results in a high-growth enterprise
- Willingness to travel within the territory upwards of 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.