Join VillageMD as a Lab Processor in Houston, TX
Address: 4650 Westway Park Blvd. Suite 210, Houston, TX 77041
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Lab Processor to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best Primary Care Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
VillageMD is a group of collaborative, entrepreneurial and smart people who are united in our goal to improve primary care, making a difference in people's lives.
Get Stuff Done: We roll-up our sleeves and dive into the details, tackling the work at hand with infectious enthusiasm. We’re highly accountable for our work and the value we add, inspiring others with our constant ability to deliver results. No challenge is too small or too big.
Build Trust: We are humbled by those we serve and the importance of our vision. We invest in relationships with open and honest conversation seeking personal connections. We show respect for others in our words and actions. We do what we say we are going to do. We are knowledgeable, but always take the time to listen and learn.
Innovate: Our curiosity is endless, and challenging the status quo is a priority. New approaches are rewarded and we are always seeking to improve. We know that changing healthcare is hard, and we embrace the challenge.
COULD THIS BE YOU
As a Lab Processor, you will prepare samples for testing for various facilities in accordance with individual specimen requirements. This may include splitting samples and freezing for multiple shipments. The lab processor will be expected to multitask as well as use a LIS (Laboratory Information System.) This role will also answer phones and maintain a professional and cooperative relationship with patients, patient’s families, and medical staff.
How You Will Get Things Done:
- Scan bar codes
- Enter collection dates and times in computer database
- Transport and organize blood and body fluid specimens
- Complete cleaning tasks
- Prepare patient instruction kits utilizing copy machine, postage meter, and folding and creating packets
- Pull patient reports for electronic charting
- Reference Lab liaison
- Other duties as assigned by practice leaders
How You Will Build Trust:
- Perform all duties according to standard operating procedures and/or supervisory instructions
- Ensure data and information is accurate and up to date
How You Will Innovate:
- Oversight of station tasks; sample sorting, pipetting, storage and disposal; supply stocking; documenting temperatures
- Supply / inventory management – ordering and organizing
EXPERIENCE TO DRIVE CHANGE
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year health related work in laboratory science preferred
HOW YOU WILL THRIVE
To help our employees be their best at home and at work, we’re pleased to invest in benefit programs that support their total well-being.
- Physical Well-Being: Comprehensive health plans include medical and prescription, virtual care, dental, and vision benefits
- Mental & Emotional Well-Being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Talkspace and access to other premiere mental health tools and applications, bereavement support
- Career: Learning and development, clinician expense reimbursement and continuing medical education allowance
- Personal and Time Off: Paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
- Financial Well-Being: 401(k) with match, HSA, FSAs, commuter accounts, team member discounts, life, AD&D and disability, financial & legal consultations
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
We believe building trust, acceptance and respect is rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way. Employment candidates are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD as a Lab Processor today!