Join VillageMD as a Clinical Pharmacist (Hybrid - Houston, TX)
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Clinical Pharmacist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best Primary Care Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
VillageMD is a group of collaborative, entrepreneurial and smart people who are united in our goal to improve primary care, making a difference in people's lives.
Get Stuff Done: We roll-up our sleeves and dive into the details, tackling the work at hand with infectious enthusiasm. We’re highly accountable for our work and the value we add, inspiring others with our constant ability to deliver results. No challenge is too small or too big.
Build Trust: We are humbled by those we serve and the importance of our vision. We invest in relationships with open and honest conversation seeking personal connections. We show respect for others in our words and actions. We do what we say we are going to do. We are knowledgeable, but always take the time to listen and learn.
Innovate: Our curiosity is endless, and challenging the status quo is a priority. New approaches are rewarded and we are always seeking to improve. We know that changing healthcare is hard, and we embrace the challenge.
COULD THIS BE YOU
As a Clinical Pharmacist, you will provide patient-centered care to optimize medication therapy to improve clinical outcomes, reduce the overall cost of care, and increase patient and provider satisfaction. The clinical pharmacist performs medication management services to identify, resolve, and prevent medication-related problems. As the Clinical Pharmacist, you will also support the pharmacy department in driving clinical pharmacy performance across all value-based care contracts. You will be a member of an enterprise-wide central clinical pharmacy team providing clinical services, reporting, performance benchmarking, process improvement, best practice sharing, training, and education. As our organization continues to grow, so do the opportunities to develop your skills and gain exposure to different areas of our business and model of care.
How You Will Get Things Done:
- Drive clinical outcomes, operational goals, practice engagement, and care management coordination in the assigned market(s)
- Coordinate medication reconciliation across the continuum of care by providing comprehensive reviews, addressing adherence concerns, assisting with patient education, and monitoring clinical outcomes to help prevent unnecessary readmissions, lapses in care, and adverse drug reactions
- Review medications, allergies, labs, and other pertinent information from the medical record to identify and resolve medication-related problems
- Efficiently assess prescribed medication therapy for unnecessary medications, need for additional medications, ineffective medications, inappropriate doses, adverse drug reactions, and adherence concerns
- Accurately document all services in EMR and supplemental data platforms promptly
- Provide patient-centered education on chronic disease states, including medications for prevention and treatment
- Provide patient care services through provider-delegated collaborative practice agreements (e.g., refill approvals, therapeutic interchange, disease state management)
- Assist in medication cost management, including therapeutic substitution recommendations, high-cost medication reviews, and medication usage evaluations
- Complete referrals from care management, transitions of the care team, and clinic provider teams for high-risk patients, including review of polypharmacy, high-risk medications, high-cost medications, medication adherence, and uncontrolled chronic disease states
- Work across clinic teams to improve patient satisfaction, lower cost, and improve quality of care
- Ensure patients have a positive experience by providing a high level of service promptly, professionally, and empathetically
- Provide training, education, and supervision to pharmacy interns as assigned by manager
- Meet productivity and performance expectations set forth by manager
- Perform all other duties as assigned to meet departmental objectives
- Utilize health plan formulary information to guide appropriate medication recommendations
How You Will Build Trust:
- Establish professional relationships with key stakeholders, including medical directors, market operations, care management, population health, pharmacy integration, market engagement, technology, analytics, and clinical teams
- Collaborate with prescribers, interdisciplinary care teams, patients and/or caregivers to identify and develop patient-specific disease-state therapy goals
- Communicate professionally and discuss/document clinical recommendations/interventions to prescribers and interdisciplinary care teams
- Follow up with patients and/or caregivers and appropriately document outcomes
- Serve as a clinical resource and consultant in all pharmacy and medication management areas for care management and clinic teams
How You Will Innovate:
- Participate in clinical department meetings and forums to improve clinical programs, enhance processes, and share clinical information
- Support in improving clinic NCQA, HEDIS, and CMS STAR quality measure
- Assist in developing and presenting educational materials for patients and provider
EXPERIENCE TO DRIVE CHANGE
- 2+ years of clinical pharmacy practice experience required
- PharmD from an accredited college of pharmacy required
- Active, unrestricted pharmacist license in the state of Texas required
- Board certification by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) in pharmacotherapy, ambulatory care, or geriatrics preferred
- Completion of a Pharmacy Postgraduate Residency (PGY-1 and/or PGY-2) preferred
- Experience with Medicare / Medicare Advantage plans preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- This role requires local travel in Phoenix metropolitan area up to 40%
HOW YOU WILL THRIVE
To help our employees be their best at home and at work, we’re pleased to invest in benefit programs that support their total well-being.
- Physical Well-Being: Comprehensive health plans include medical and prescription, virtual care, dental, and vision benefits
- Mental & Emotional Well-Being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Talkspace and access to other premiere mental health tools and applications, bereavement support
- Career: Learning and development, clinician expense reimbursement and continuing medical education allowance
- Personal and Time Off: Paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
- Financial Well-Being: 401(k) with match, HSA, FSAs, commuter accounts, team member discounts, life, AD&D and disability, financial & legal consultations
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
We believe building trust, acceptance and respect is rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way. Employment candidates are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For Colorado Residents only: The base compensation range for this role is $122,000 to $161,000. At VillageMD, compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, etc. This role may be eligible for annual/quarterly bonus incentives (if applicable), and the selected candidate will be eligible for a valuable company benefits plan, including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and access to a 401k plan with company match.
Explore your future with VillageMD as a Clinical Pharmacist today!