Clinical Risk Manager
Join VillageMD as a Clinical Risk Manager, working remotely in the US.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Clinical Risk Manager to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Clinical Risk Manager is responsible for the coordination and investigation of incidents and provides documentation of all related data and facilitates resolution of reported incidents. This individual supports VillageMD’s objective of enhancing and promoting patient safety and quality of care and minimizing loss to protect the assets of the facility. This individual participates in formulating risk reduction strategies, policy and/or organizational changes.
How you can make a difference
- Works collaboratively with VP and Director of Risk Management, senior management, leadership and healthcare providers to identify and enhance Risk Management practices including patient safety to produce quantitative and qualitative results.
- Promotes the use of information technology to support PSES (Patient Safety Evaluation System) Occurrence Reporting
- Functions as a key participant in the management of the PSES/occurrence reporting system
- Uses critical thinking and clinical knowledge to identify and evaluate activities or events occurring that are near misses or have the potential to lead to patient injury and/or which represents opportunities to improve the safety of processes and services.
- Conducts identification, clinical review, provider/manager interviews and presentation of potential compensable events (PCE’s) to VP Risk Management and SVP Enterprise Risk Management.
- Evaluates trends based on aggregate occurrences and implements performance improvement initiatives in designated assigned clinical areas as needed.
- Review and reduction of medical errors and other factors that contribute to unintended adverse patient outcomes.
- Provides on-going support, instruction and facilitation to all aspects of Village MD, Summit Health/CityMD client’s efforts to meet and exceed patient safety related standards, including but not limited to the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Responsible for site Audits as needed and for new acquisitions organization wide.
- Conducts accident/incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective actions working with supervisory staff to improve processes to address patient safety and risk management issues.
- Evaluates trends based on aggregate occurrence data and implements performance improvement initiatives in designated assigned clinical areas as needed.
- Educates and trains staff and providers in the organization on system based causes for medical errors and other issues related to patient safety and clinical risk management.
- Participation in root cause analysis (RCA) or failure mode critical analysis (FMEA), corrective actions and performance improvement (PI) Performance outcome deliverables include quality, safety and process improvements.
- Actively participates on committees as assigned.
Skills for success
- Promotes employee safety and fosters collaboration at the management level for all clients.
- Promotes patient’s safety through risk identification and process/performance improvement.
- Supports Risk Management/Patient Safety Initiatives.
- Reviews, researches and reports Occurrences in designated areas and follows through to presentation and submission to carrier if required.
- Engages in departmental meetings to deliver risk management reports and education.
- Collaborates with internal and cross-functional teams to improve and develop practices, operations, programs, and services by providing subject matter expertise.
Experience to drive change
- Maintain RN License in good standing.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Five years of experience in clinical/administrative nursing, two years in healthcare Risk Management or Patient Safety.
- Excellent assessment, communication, organization and teaching skills. Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong data entry skills.
- Ability to perform duties with time limitations with a high degree of accuracy.
- Standard office equipment and office technology in a Windows based environment including PowerPoint and graphics applications.
- Well versed in health and safety legislation.
- Travel to and from potential new acquisition audits and other locations organization wide.
- Travel to outside meetings as needed.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For Colorado Residents only: The target hiring compensation range for this role is $102,000.00 to $113,500.00. At VillageMD, compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, etc. This role may be eligible for annual/quarterly bonus incentives (if applicable), and the selected candidate will be eligible for a valuable company benefits plan, including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and access to a 401k plan with company match.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.