Medical Assistant or LVN - Memorial
Join Village Medical as a Medical Assistant or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in Houston, TX!
Clinic Location: 9055 Katy Freeway Suite 200 Houston, TX 77024
WHY VILLAGE MEDICAL
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Medical Assistant or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best Primary Care Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven, and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
VillageMD is a group of collaborative, entrepreneurial, and smart people who are united in our goal to improve primary care, making a difference in people's lives.
Get Stuff Done: We roll up our sleeves and dive into the details, tackling the work at hand with infectious enthusiasm. We’re highly accountable for our work and the value we add, inspiring others with our constant ability to deliver results. No challenge is too small or too big.
Build Trust: We are humbled by those we serve and the importance of our vision. We invest in relationships with open and honest conversations seeking personal connections. We show respect for others in our words and actions. We do what we say we are going to do. We are knowledgeable, but always take the time to listen and learn.
Innovate: Our curiosity is endless, and challenging the status quo is a priority. New approaches are rewarded, and we are always seeking to improve. We know that changing healthcare is hard, and we embrace the challenge.
COULD THIS BE YOU
You are a detail-oriented medical assistant who is passionate about patient safety, experience, and driving positive change in healthcare to improve patient outcomes.
How You Will Get Things Done:
- Serve in a patient-facing clinical capacity as needed to ensure a superior patient experience.
- Demonstrate exceptional adherence to infection control measures, point of care test/CLIA waived compliance, OSHA for healthcare settings and safe vaccine storage, handling and administration.
How You Will Build Trust:
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and effective communication skills to build relationships throughout the organization.
- Communicate unexpected schedule delays to patients in a timely and empathetic manner and provide assistance to ensure patient comfort and satisfaction during any delay.
How You Will Innovate:
- Serve as a Village brand ambassador, building strong relationships with patients, families, caregivers, and community leaders to enhance our reputation and visibility within the community.
EXPERIENCE TO DRIVE CHANGE
- Certified Medical Assistant, eligible to be certified within 90 days of hire, or active and unencumbered LVN license to practice per state requirements.
- 1 year of experience preferred.
- Phlebotomy experience required.
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers preferred; required within 90 days of employment.
- High School Diploma/Equivalency required.
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine, urgent care or ER preferred.
SUPPORTING THE WHOLE YOU
To help our employees be their best at home and work, we’re pleased to invest in benefit programs that support their total well-being.
- Physical Well-Being: Comprehensive health plans include medical and prescription, virtual care, dental, and vision benefits
- Mental & Emotional Well-Being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Talkspace and access to other premiere mental health tools and applications, bereavement support
- Career: Learning and development, clinician expense reimbursement, and continuing medical education allowance
- Personal and Time Off: Paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
- Financial Well-Being: 401(k) with match, HSA, FSAs, commuter accounts, team member discounts, life, AD&D and disability, financial & legal consultations
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
We believe building trust, acceptance, and respect is rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way. Employment candidates are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical as a Medical Assistant or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) today!