Family / Internal Medicine Physician (Part-Time) - Heritage, Austin, TX
Join VillageMD as a Family or Internal Medicine Physician at the Heritage location in Austin - Part-Time
Welcome to the Future of Primary Care
As a Family or Internal Medicine Physician with VillageMD, you will discover something unexpected: an entire organization built around the value of primary care. We empower our primary care physicians to deliver person to person care that lets you do what you do best. We will support you with evidence-based best practices, full multi-disciplinary team to help you provide the best care for your patient. With the latest tools to enable you to provide modern high-tech care with a human touch.
Our approach is value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered, allowing us to meet today’s healthcare challenges with improved practices and consistent results.
We’re growing and we’re looking for physicians who share our passion for excellence and enthusiasm to drive positive change.
Could this be you?
Our model of care lets you focus on what matters most: your patients. Our model provides the support that you need to deliver the outcomes you’ve always wanted. In our physician led organization, our practicing physicians are making the important decisions that create the changes we are working towards.
Why you will thrive
Many healthcare systems expect physicians to deliver exceptional care but don’t provide the resources necessary. At VillageMD, our model of care offers providers the support you need to practice the way you want. You will have:
- Access to physician leaders and knowledge-sharing opportunities across a national network of colleagues who are leading the transformation of primary care
- In each market, local physician leadership councils make the important decision impacting your daily work
- Reduced administrative burden and provide support
- Highly trained support staff at each location to handle walk-in and PCP overflow
- Easy to use, optimized EMR with full telehealth capability
- Cross-trained care management and population health teams
- High earnings potential aligned with our innovative clinical model
- Full comprehensive benefits, including generous paid time off (PTO), CME allowance, health, dental, vision, disability, and 401k retirement plan
Personal and professional skills for success
- 2+ years of clinical outpatient experience, post residency
- Must hold current, unrestricted State license or be eligible for licensure
- Board certification/eligibility in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine is required
- Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Must be actively registered or eligible to register with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Must possess active Medicare/Medicaid enrollment or be eligible to enroll
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system; Athena preferred
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
Diversity and inclusion. Integral to the VillageMD culture, they help guide daily success and long-term innovation. We thrive on trust, acceptance, and respect – it's what we provide to others and what we expect. And while we are diverse, we share a common goal: a belief that solutions focused on primary care deliver the highest quality and improve the lives of all. It is only by establishing unity together that we are able to pursue our individual best.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future as an innovator in healthcare with VillageMD today.