Prescription / RX Refill Specialist - Pharmacy Technician or Medical Assistant
Projected Start Date: January 8 or 22, 2024
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation at VillageMD as a RX Refill Specialist - Patient Service Center (Remote)
Shift Specifications - because of fluctuating support demand, this position requires flexible availability for shift coverage falling between the following hours.
- Opening Shift: 8-hour shifts between the hours of 6:00 am and 4:00 pm CST
- Mid Shift: 8-hour shifts between the hours of 7:45 am and 5:30 pm CST
- Evening Shift: 8-hour shifts between the hours of 9:15 am and 7:15 pm CST
- Closing Shift: 8-hour shifts between the hours of 11:00 am and 9:00 pm CST
- Weekend Coverage: Weekend shifts allows you to work on Saturday/Sunday but take weekdays off in place of. We have opportunities for this to occur on:
- Mid Shift
- Evening Shift
- Closing Shift
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
At VillageMD, we're looking for an RX Refill Specialist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best Primary Care Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practice and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
VillageMD is a group of collaborative, entrepreneurial and smart people who are united in our goal to improve primary care, making a difference in people's lives.
Get Stuff Done: We roll-up our sleeves and dive into the details, tackling the work at hand with infectious enthusiasm. We’re highly accountable for our work and the value we add, inspiring others with our constant ability to deliver results. No challenge is too small or too big.
Build Trust: We are humbled by those we serve and the importance of our vision. We invest in relationships with open and honest conversation seeking personal connections. We show respect for others in our words and actions. We do what we say we are going to do. We are knowledgeable, but always take the time to listen and learn.
Innovate: Our curiosity is endless, and challenging the status quo is a priority. New approaches are rewarded and we are always seeking to improve. We know that changing healthcare is hard, and we embrace the challenge.
COULD THIS BE YOU?
As part of our Patient Support Center team, the RX Refill Specialist will specialize in bridging the gap between a patients’ access to virtual prescription support and telehealth services while working in collaboration with medical providers and their care team to deliver the highest quality of care. Our Patient Support MA’s partner with our RX Refill and Telephonic Triage Teams to ensure all medication and clinical requests are answered and processed promptly according to current protocols.
How You Will Get Things Done:
- Rotate between on-phone, off-phone and live-chat scenarios
- Process prescription refill requests in real-time from patients and pharmacies via incoming calls, live chat messaging, and electronic prescription refill transmission within Athena EMR
- Process prescription prior authorization and submit them to patient’s prescription insurance for review and approval
- Follow established prescription refills protocol to ensure patient safety and medication refill accuracy is maintained at the highest levels
- Communicate with provider’s staff, pharmacies, and prescription insurance companies to assist patients receive their medication in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate documentation of all prescription refill interactions, ensuring proper details are documented in the EMR
- Use a variety of clinical tools, often as an authorized provider delegate, to ensure patient requests are met and support is completed respectively
- Whenever appropriate, authorize ‘courtesy refills’ according to the prescription refill protocol when patient is due for an appointment and/or is running out of medication
- Notify pharmacies that a ‘Return to Office’ appointment is need for future refills for the patient per the prescription refill protocol
- Perform appointment scheduling for provider office visits and Telemedicine visits when needed
How You Will Build Trust:
- Work in collaboration with providers and their care team to provide the highest quality of care delivery by ensuring all medication requests are answered and processed promptly and accordingly based on the practice’s guidelines
- Provide support to the clinician staff by reviewing all refill requests that come into the clinic refill inboxes and ensure that the medication protocols have been met in accordance with set protocols (it is expected that all clinical Rx refill boxes will be as close to empty as possible by the end of business each day)
How You Will Innovate:
- Attend staff meetings and providing input into evaluation of processes and suggestions for improvement
- Coordinate patient care information related to medication refills with other health care providers and teams
Experience to drive change
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution (required)
- Completion of an accredited Pharmacy Technician course and/or completion of a formal Medical Assistant training program (required)
- Certified Medical Assistant licensure/certification and/or Certified Pharmacy Technician licensure/certification (preferred)
- 1+ years of Pharmacy Technician or Medical Assistant experience specifically involving prescription refills and patient engagement and education on medication in an ambulatory/clinic setting (preferred)
- Call Center experience and/or handling high volumes of incoming calls (strongly preferred)
- Experience using EMR systems, preferably Athena Health
- Flexibility working varied shifts during business operating hours including some weekends as needed (strongly preferred)
HOW YOU WILL THRIVE
To help our employees be their best at home and at work, we’re pleased to invest in benefit programs that support their total well-being.
- Physical Well-Being: Comprehensive health plans include medical and prescription, virtual care, dental, and vision benefits
- Mental & Emotional Well-Being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Talkspace and access to other premiere mental health tools and applications, bereavement support
- Career: Learning and development, clinician expense reimbursement and continuing medical education allowance
- Personal and Time Off: Paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
- Financial Well-Being: 401(k) with match, HSA, FSAs, commuter accounts, team member discounts, life, AD&D and disability, financial & legal consultations
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
We believe building trust, acceptance and respect is rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way. Employment candidates are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For Colorado Residents only: The base compensation range for this role is $18.00 to $22.00. At VillageMD, compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, etc. This role may be eligible for annual/quarterly bonus incentives (if applicable), and the selected candidate will be eligible for a valuable company benefits plan, including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and access to a 401k plan with company match.
Explore your future with VillageMD as a RX Refill Specialist today!