Regional Medical Director
We are passionate about breaking barriers alongside those facing substance use disorder. Whether you’re in the field or in the corporate office – our mission is felt, and your impact is recognized. There is no inner circle, and we all have a seat at the table. Leaders are accessible and silos are avoided. We respect your craft and love to be challenged. We invest not only in our mission, but in each other. Internal promotions and cross departmental trainings are the norm – you grow, we grow. At Wayspring, we don’t just see you as an employee, we see you for who you are. a whole-person – with hobbies, pets, families, and lives outside of work. Our flexible schedule and flexible work environment options help you to create and maintain the work-life balance you need most.
Overview of the Regional Medical Director Role
The Medical Director will support market-based clinical operations across multiple states. The Medical Director will harness their deep understanding of Addiction Medicine to ensure we are providing evidence-based care to improve the health and lives of our members, while mentoring and training our provider teams. A successful Medical Director will be a specialist in Addiction Medicine, Primary Care and/or Psychiatry.
Responsibilities of the Regional Medical Director
- Provide support to the Chief Medical Officer in the execution of the Wayspring clinical care model
- Provide internal and external clinical education in areas of substance use disorder, primary care and behavioral health
- Travel to markets to observe and job shadow with team to drive Wayspring culture, performance improvement, and solution development
- Collaborate closely with the Chief Medical Officer, Regional Vice President of Clinical Operations, Regional Vice President of Market Operations and the Vice President of Member Services to ensure collaboration and cooperative execution
- Work with Enterprise Services and Clinical Operations to support on-boarding and training of new providers
- Communicate with current customers on a periodic basis to understand their strategies or objective relating to SUD
- Maintain a small panel of members and provide care for conditions including substance use disorder and delivery of Medication Assisted Treatment, as well as either primary care or psychiatric conditions
- Serve as an internal and external subject matter expert in SUD as well as primary care or behavioral health
- Develop and maintain relationships with providers in the community in order to support clinical or operational programs and strategies to reduce avoidable healthcare costs and improve quality of care
- Exude strong communication skills both internally across matrix leaders, teams and externally with client stakeholders
- Participate in the healthcare professional community to maintain Wayspring representation and maintain knowledge of the health care landscape
- Participate in peer review process
- Participate in monitoring and support of established provider performance metrics
Requirements & Preferred Qualifications
- Hold active board certification in relevant ABMS approved medical specialty (primary care specialty or psychiatry preferred)
- Board certified/Board eligible in Addiction Medicine through ABPM, ABAM, ABOAM or Addiction Psychiatry through AAAP
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine, include unrestricted DEA license in required States
- Must be able to be credentialled with relevant health plans
- Experience with the prescribing of MAT for individuals with SUD including relevant assessment and treatment plan development.
- Demonstrated domain expertise with a clear understanding of healthcare workflows and practical use of information
- Demonstrated experience with evidence-based medicine programs including relevant National Practice Guidelines
- Able to lead multidisciplinary care teams which include NP’s and master’s level clinicians
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to lead teams to success in implementing new product and solutions, and exert influence over colleagues who do not report directly to you; ability to work in matrix environment
- Ability to work directly in both team and individual settings, including working directly with customers
- Strong operational execution skills, proven track record reaching goals and delivering outcomes
- Willingness to participate/present to conferences, media or other opportunities in support of Wayspring
- Travel requirements are based on what is necessary to achieve the necessary business outcomes.
Company and Benefit Summary
Wayspring has reimagined substance use disorder treatment. We provide individualized care, delivered with a peer-centered approach. We focus on making sure patients have their basic needs met, like access to care, economic stability, and connection to relationships and community. Then we help each person find their own way to wellness.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Company funded HSA
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Generous CME package
- Paid parental leave – all parents included!
- Company paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Premium Employee Assistance Program, inclusive of counseling sessions
- Company Contributions to Future Minded Savings (think 529, HSA, Student Loan Reimbursement, and Emergency savings fund)
- Generous PTO package (accrual policy based on years of service) and an additional 10 paid company holidays