We are passionate about breaking barriers alongside those facing substance use disorder. Whether you’re in the field or in the corporate office – our mission is felt, and your impact is recognized. There is no inner circle, and we all have a seat at the table. Leaders are accessible and silos are avoided. We respect your craft and love to be challenged. We invest not only in our mission, but in each other. Internal promotions and cross departmental trainings are the norm – you grow, we grow. At Wayspring, we don’t just see you as an employee, we see you for who you are. a whole-person – with hobbies, pets, families, and lives outside of work. Our flexible schedule and flexible work environment options help you to create and maintain the work-life balance you need most.
Overview Billing Specialist
The Billing Specialist is accountable for submitting medical claims to the health plan and working any denials and/or appeals through the process. The role requires initiative, independence and drive, an ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and an ability to perform a wide variety of duties. This is a part-time position.
Responsibilities of the Billing Specialist
• Provides coding and billing support to the providers to ensure compliance and correct coding
• Accurately submit claims to health plans within timely filing requirements
• Work claims through the denial and appeals process
• Actively participates in department meetings to address any coding and billing related topics
• Answer incoming calls that come to the Billing Department phone line
• Determine appropriate ICD/CPT codes after reviewing medical information, physician treatment plans, courses, and outcomes
• Adhere to Wayspring information security and privacy requirements
• Adept with Microsoft Office products
Requirements of the Billing Specialist
• Minimum of 2 years coding experience in more than one setting – outpatient experience and expertise in ICD and CPT coding and reporting guidelines is required.
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (COC) required
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience processing claims in an EMR, preferably Athena
• Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
• Ability to quickly adapt to changes in both technology and business environments
• Strong customer service and positive attitude
• Health plan experience
• CPB (Certified Professional Biller) Certification
• CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment) Certification
• An appetite for learning and self-improvement
• Start-up, healthcare services, healthcare IT, and/or entrepreneur skills a plus
Company and Benefit Summary
Wayspring has reimagined substance use disorder treatment. We provide individualized care, delivered with a peer-centered approach. We focus on making sure patients have their basic needs met, like access to care, economic stability, and connection to relationships and community. Then we help each person find their own way to wellness.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
• Company funded HSA
• Monthly Gym Allowance
• Paid parental leave – all parents included!
• Company paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
• Generous 401k match
• Premium Employee Assistance Program, inclusive of counseling sessions
• Company Contributions to Future Minded Savings (think 529, HSA, Student Loan Reimbursement, and Emergency savings fund)
• Generous PTO package (accrual policy based on years of service) and an additional 10 paid company holidays