Senior Software Engineer
We are passionate about breaking barriers alongside those facing substance use disorder. Whether you are in the field or in the corporate office – our mission is felt, and your impact is recognized. There is no inner circle, and we all have a seat at the table. Leaders are accessible and silos are avoided. We respect your craft and love to be challenged. We invest not only in our mission, but in each other. Internal promotions and cross departmental trainings are the norm – you grow, we grow. At Wayspring, we do not just see you as an employee, we see you for who you are. a whole-person – with hobbies, pets, families, and lives outside of work. Our person-first environment helps you to create and maintain the work-life balance you need most.
Overview of Senior Software Engineer
Wayspring is seeking an experienced, senior software engineer with a primary focus on backend development. The candidate should have expert Python skills, familiarity building APIs, and an understanding of the software development life cycle. This position is full-time, hybrid (reporting to our Nashville corporate office 1-2 times a month), and provides a competitive salary and benefits.
- Participate as a senior software engineer contributor in all aspects of the SDLC.
- Define, design, and implement Engineering systems and patterns, including API development, Databases, Logging & Monitoring, etc.
- Build technical proof-of-concepts and/or MVPs for advanced Engineering solutions.
- Develop and help enforce proper design patterns, coding practices, and best practices through proactive review and team engagement.
- Proactively work on agile planning processes to understand upcoming development requirements, to provide input, and to document technical design decisions.
- Collaborate with and mentor other Engineering team members.
- Participate and lead technical engineering and architecture discussions.
- Collaborate with teams and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Support healthcare-based security and compliance requirements.
- Degree/certificate in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Intermediate experience with a Python framework (e.g. Django, Flask, etc.)
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Intermediate experience designing and implementing architectural decisions
- Bonus points: AWS services, Security best practices, CI/CD automation, infrastructure as code, observability, React, experience with data and reporting teams
Company and Benefit Summary
Wayspring has reimagined substance use disorder treatment. We provide individualized care, delivered with a peer-centered approach. We focus on making sure patients have their basic needs met, like access to care, economic stability, and connection to relationships and community. Then we help each person find their own way to wellness.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Company funded HSA
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Paid parental leave – all parents included
- Company paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Premium Employee Assistance Program, inclusive of counseling sessions
- Company Contributions to Future Minded Savings (think 529, HSA, Student Loan Reimbursement, and Emergency savings fund)
- Generous PTO package (accrual policy based on years of service) and an additional 10 paid company holidays