Director of Clinical Operations
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application and see if you could be a great fit!
At Wayspring, we are committed to furthering our value of Equity & Inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. We seek diversity of background and opinion, as we think these attributes improve the performance of our company and are the right thing to do for our communities. We recognize and remove barriers to success within our company and communities. We seek to build a recruiting process that is inclusive and fosters diversity.
We are passionate about breaking barriers alongside those facing substance use disorder. Whether you’re in the field or in the corporate office – our mission is felt, and your impact is recognized. There is no inner circle, and we all have a seat at the table. Leaders are accessible and silos are avoided. We respect your craft and love to be challenged. We invest not only in our mission, but in each other. Internal promotions and cross departmental trainings are the norm – you grow, we grow. At Wayspring, we don’t just see you as an employee, we see you for who you are. a whole-person – with hobbies, pets, families, and lives outside of work. Our flexible schedule and flexible work environment options help you to create and maintain the work-life balance you need most.
Overview of the Director of Clinical Operations role
The Director of Clinical Operations leads our market-based comprehensive SUD (substance use disorder) Home market. Their primary responsibility is to lead strategic initiatives, manage day-to-day operations, manage the SUD Home clinical staff members, and take full ownership of market outcomes. The Director of Clinical Operations will be responsible for utilization management, data analysis, practice operations, quality assurance, outcomes, and key performance indicators for Wayspring’s market offerings. Our ideal candidate would have management experience in a service delivery model, preferably in substance use disorder, value-based care or behavioral health fields. Strong data interpretation, staff management, presentation organizational and communication skills are required.
Responsibilities of the Director of Clinical Operations
- Manage day-to-day operations of Wayspring’s comprehensive Substance Use Disorder Home program, including staff management, adhering to state and federal regulations to maintain compliance, data analysis, utilization management, quality assurance, operational improvement, outcome management and process improvement
- Lead delivery of in-market execution of SUD Home processes while overseeing a Senior Clinical Operations Manager, a Clinical Operations Manager, operation field team members, clinical provider staff members, including Physician(s), Advanced Practice Provider(s) and Licensed Therapist(s), and partner with vendors for PRN agency staff coverage to ensure utilization goals are met
- Measure utilization data and identify trends to implement operational improvement initiatives based on data analysis
- Ensure compliance for clinic staff members and SUD Home clinic per state regulations pertaining to scope of services, NPI, care coordination, program documentation, policies and procedures, clinical provider licensure and more
- Partner cross functionally with operational teams to ensure efficiencies for process mapping and maintain person-first member experience
- Support management and contribute to enhancement of relationships with ASAM level 3 and 4 providers in the market area as well as other community healthcare providers
- Develop and execute benchmarks and key performance indicators, including member engagement and clinical outcomes
- Support and collaborate with Executive Director within the market to deliver outcomes and meet strategic objectives.
- Serve as the point of contact on strategic integration and improvement opportunities, maintaining intentional focus on contract satisfaction and value-added strategies
- Identify and solve complex problems effectively with an emphasis on developing proactive approaches utilizing internal support
- Perform other duties as required, assigned, or requested
- Adhere to Wayspring information security and privacy requirements
Requirements & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in clinical operations leadership role
- 5+ years of experience in a clinical service delivery model
- 5+ years of experience in managing clinical teams, including providers
- Demonstrated knowledge of state/federal regulations of scope of services, collaboration agreements, clinical documentation and more
- Comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to change and self-starter attitude
- Demonstrated experience in quality assurance, process improvement, data analysis, performance management, and delivering clinical outcomes
- Excellent written, computer, presentation, and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and willingness to support and manage front-line staff
- Navigate interpersonal relationships across all levels of the organization with ease and purpose
- Passion for serving patients with substance use disorders
- Experience managing Physicians and Advance Practice Providers
- Experience partnering with Medicaid population in service care delivery model
- 5+ years of experience in a clinical service delivery model, preferably in SUD, value based care or behavioral health settings
Company and Benefit Summary
Wayspring has reimagined substance use disorder treatment. We provide individualized care, delivered with a peer-centered approach. We focus on making sure patients have their basic needs met, like access to care, economic stability, and connection to relationships and community. Then we help each person find their own way to wellness.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Company funded HSA
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Paid parental leave – all parents included!
- Company paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Premium Employee Assistance Program, inclusive of counseling sessions
- Company Contributions to Future Minded Savings (think 529, HSA, Student Loan Reimbursement, and Emergency savings fund)
- Generous PTO package (accrual policy based on years of service) and an additional 10 paid company holidays