Supervisor, Customer Experience
At Wisetack, we’re building financially responsible consumer lending products that help service-based businesses thrive.
Wisetack is a well-funded growing startup founded in 2018 with a leadership team that comes from Lending Club, Affirm, Varo Money and other top FinTech companies. We’re backed by leading VCs, including Insight Partners, Greylock, and Bain Capital Ventures, (investors in Airbnb, LinkedIn, Instagram, Dropbox, and many more).
We raised a $45M Series B and have invested in our people and technology while growing our partnerships. We grew 10x in 2021, and exceeded the goal of growing 4x in 2022. This is a fun stage in any company's lifecycle where we've got the core foundation built, a healthy growth rate, and a clear path to success, but you'd still be joining early enough to help shape the future of the company.
Most recently, we were recognized as the Best Consumer Lending Solution by Finovate Awards and have been selected by LendIt as a 2022 winner in the Best Emerging Lending Platform category for their Fintech Industry Awards. The external recognition is great, but we're equally — if not more — happy with the recognition from our customers. Our current NPS rating is a sky-high 78 (industry average hovers around the 40s or 50s, depending on who you ask). We're proud that we're building a product that customers love as well as being recognized as a Great Place to Work by our team members.
The Customer Experience Supervisor role is a great opportunity to lead a team of talented Customer Experience Associates (CXAs) while contributing to the overall success of the Customer Experience Department. The right candidate will be able to lead, inspire, and coach a team of CXAs and work side-by-side with them to service our customers in a high-paced startup environment.
Your responsibilities will focus on supervising the day-to-day operations of the CX team, providing customers and team members with information to solve their questions across all customer touchpoints while achieving high customer satisfaction. You will own the team metrics, help the team deliver on KPIs, be a subject matter expert, de-escalate customer issues, and lead team meetings to drive the team culture in alignment with Wisetack values.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Customer Experience Manager to provide essential feedback to improve the customer experience, such as process improvements, flagging recurring issues and bottlenecks, and reporting on CXA metrics and results. They will be able to work cross-functionally with other departments and stakeholders for critical issues and deliver on department projects and initiatives.
- Lead and mentor a team of Customer Experience Associates in the day-to-day operations of the Customer Experience department.
- Monitor daily department performance to deliver on KPIs, including real-time monitoring of calls, tickets, and chat, quality assurance, process adherence, and backlog management, with the ability to make on-the-spot decisions to deliver on operational objectives.
- Be a subject matter expert on department processes and procedures and deliver daily assistance to CXAs to service our customers.
- Handle customer escalations and deliver de-escalation support across all the support channels.
- Team player who lends a hand in answering customer queries, as needed, during coverage gaps and high-volume periods.
- Maintain macros and department processes up to date in partnership with the Content Management team.
- Train and coach team members, including new hires, in partnership with the Learning and Development team.
- Identify key areas of opportunity and work with the CX Manager to implement improvements.
- Lead meaningful team meetings in partnership with the CX Manager to share relevant updates and engage in team-building activities.
- Partner with the workforce management team to ensure proper coverage is always maintained during business hours.
- Review tickets and call recordings for coaching purposes.
- Be a culture ambassador for the CXAs, bringing a balance of work and fun to daily interactions and weekly team meetings.
- Hold one-to-one meetings to coach and train CXAs.
- High comfort level with documenting current processes and defining to-be processes.
- Manage team’s timecards and time off requests in conjunction with the CX Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years of customer service experience, with 2+ years in leading high-performing teams, in a call center environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to work in grey areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Able to interact with all functional areas and all organizational levels.
- Knowledge of customer service systems and tools (Zendesk, Insightly, Slack, Confluence/JIRA, etc.).
- Fintech experience (lending or payment) is highly preferred.
The range of base salary for the position is between $70,800 - $99,100, plus equity, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level and competencies.
Spend a little time on our About Us page researching our team and our values, and check out our Press page and our blog for more background on what we do. If you think this might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you!